Nosler Custom Ammo for .300 SAUM?

TrpD345

I have a Rem 700 LTR on order. It will mainly be used for deer, 400 yds. at the very max! I will reload in the futur, but just to get started what ammo would you recommend, Nosler Custom or Remington? Also, I see that Nosler offers it in 150 gr., 165 gr., and 180 gr. I prefer to shoot 150 or 165 gr. What are your recommendations on the Nosler Balistic Tip vs. the Partition, what is the difference? Again it will be a deer rifle that I would like to paper punch with and shoot the occasional ground hog. Thanks for the help.

I have some pet loads that I could share if you want. I have shot my Model 7 out to 535 yds with excellent results.

150 gr Partition Gold/Accubond - 58 gr Varget, 3110 fps (MAX in my gun); Nosler lists 60 gr as max

The AB shoot about 2 inches at 200 m, and 2.8" at 300 yds in my Model 7. Almost every load I have shot with Varget has been very low ES and very close to one-hole at 100 yds. I would not recommend any primers but Rem 9.5M. I shot CCI 250, Rem 9.5M, Fed GM210M and Fed GM215M and the Rem 9.5M were in the vast majority of the cases the most accurate.

165 gr Remington factory loads have shot the best in both my rifles followed by the 180 gr Nosler Partitions.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts