Northern Utah

Wachsmann

Suggestions for future projects... I was wondering who can or will work on savage rifles such as truing the action, chamber a barrel and install and install a muzzle brake as well. Some that I spoke with over the last few years only like to work on Remington actions or something that is custom (Remington clone). I also could travel to someone's shop to drop off a project if it's not a super long drive. Super long to me is something like 10 to 12 hours one way to do business and personally I would rather meet the smith in person than send through the mail. I guess the mail issue because I have never shipped a gun before and when I asked the person behind the counter about the details of shipping one it seemed as if I was a terrorist. So I just told them to not even bother. Thanks for any info.

The Gun Vault puts together some nice rifles. Steve Pratt at Elk Meadow Performance also has a good reputation. If you're willing to drive to Ogden you can also have ES Tactical, Bullseye Precision, or SUB MOA firearms screw you one together.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts