Northern NV antelope

Bob33

I am a non-resident rifle hunter that has been applying for Nevada antelope for four years, and thus I've accumulated some bonus points. I live in Washington state and am looking for advice on antelope units to apply for in the northern half of the state. I'm aware of the Sheldon Refuge in in the NW corner, but odds are very long there.

Does anyone have suggestions or experience with other units that I may wish to apply in? I would not have much time to scout pre-season, and would need land access. I can walk miles, so that's not a problem. I'm not looking for a monster B&C buck, but it would be nice to hunt an area that holds at least a few nice animals (14+ inches).

Units 012-014... Lot of tags and I have killed both of my antelope there. You will have the opportunity to see some massive bucks and one 14"+ will not be too difficult. Of course this can always vary depending on the year.

This is my favorite area to hunt antelope in Nevada. The antelope are not only in the flats but can be found on the high benches amongst the mahogany and even in the aspens. This will also depend on when the cattle ranchers move their herds around and if they shut off the water up high.

If you draw the tag you can get a hold of me and I can give you a couple areas to get you started.

A friend had a resident tag for 141, 143, 151-156. This draw has the most non-resident tags available. LOTS of antelope right off the main dirt roads from Eureka to Battle Mountain. This is mostly BLM land, so access is not an issue. There are also numerous two-tracks that criss-cross the BLM land. Concentrate on the BLM land adjoining the numerous alfalfa fields. You will find a antelope worth shooting, without much trouble. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.