North Texas LRSP Spring Shoot

tinkerer

OK, its finalized.

There will be a North Texas LRSP shoot on Sunday, April 28th, from 9 AM to 5 PM.

This match is being held at the Top Gun Shooting Club in Leonard, TX (just outside of Bonham). It is being sponsored by Top Gun and Dragon Rock Farms (my place).

It will be a 3 event shoot, 200 yard benchrest, long range silhouette match (100-400 yards), and a field event (no marked distances, varying targets). There will be winning prizes, door prizes, and surprises. Our only limitation right now is 500 yards. Your limitation is the entries must be LRSP's.
laugh.gif

Costs will be an entry fee based on guns, 3 guns for 3 shoots is $10 per gun, $30 total. Want to shoot more, or shoot twice, max is $50. I, personally, will get $0. The range gets it all for the whole range + 2 RO's for all day event.

We anticipate BBQ onsite and refreshments.

We will be seeking sponsors for prizes, door prizes, and support from anyone in the shooting industry that wants advertizing. This is being held in the spring to offer an alternative to MOA's shoot in the north.

I will have a sign-up form available on here soon, as well as sponsorship forms for any shooting related businesses you are friends with.

Any, as a bonus, the owner wants to start regular handgun silhouette matches. We're finding targets as we speak.

So, mods, please pin this up.

Shooters in the Texas, OK, LA, NM, or anywhere who would like a nice Sprintime drive, put this on your calendar.

Larry
Tinkerer

Just waiting on the range owner to confirm he likes the ad flyer to let everyone see. Will email on approval.

Larry
Tinkerer

Re: 1st Annual North Texas LRSP Spring Shoot

1st Annual
North Texas
Long Range Pistol Shoot

Top Gun Shooting Club and Dragon Rock Farms are very excited to announce the 1st
Annual North Texas Long Range Specialty Pistol shoot.

When: Sunday , April 28, 2013, from 9 AM to 5 PM, weather permitting.

Where: Top Gun Shooting Club, 519 Private Road 462, Leonard, TX 75452

Costs: $10 per gun, up to $50 per person.

What: The format consists of 3 different events.

200 yard
Benchrest match

Silhouettes at 100-400 yards

At any distance?

Prizes for top finishers, door prizes, and surprises.

Check at your favorite website for continuing details. Or contact the range at
Top Gun Private Shooting Club - Home . 214-799-3357.

So bring your Contenders, XP's, Rampro's, Strikers, MOA's and whatever else you may have (barrel 18" and under please, no shoulder stocks) to the 1st Annual LRSP shoot ever in Texas.

Run what you brung, hope you brought enough.

Attachments

• LRSP Spring 2013 Shoot.pdf
    344.1 KB · Views: 142
  • LRSP Spring 2013 Shoot registration.pdf
    134.9 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
OK, been getting some questions about the shoot, and frankly, maybe the questions were a little more detailed than I was prepapred for 4 months in advance, but here goes. Word of warning, was not planning on making this event cast in concrete at thsi time, so some things may change/evolve as we get closer.

Event 1 - 200 yard benchrest.

Basically IBS 200 yard targets and shooting arrangement, unless we decide differently.5 shots for group, 5 shots for score on 5 targets with 1 sighter target. Wind flags, etc, allowed. strict time limit of 2 minutes per course of fire? Thought about a limit on caliber to 30 and under, but not sure thats necessary.
Biggest change will be the guns. Strictly LRSP with max 18" barrel, but from a bench ala our big brothers. Rests and rear bags allowed.
Scoring to be smallest group to largest in rank order and highest score to lowest in rank order and ties settled by shootoff at 500 yards. I like shooting.

Event 2 - double distance silhouette.

Since the range is in yards, so will be shoot. chickens at 100 yards, rams at 400 yards, etc, etc. Standard handgun silhouettes.
Shooting positions are open, just no benches. Both a scope and a iron sight class. Standard time limits of 2 minutes per bank of 5 animals. Again, winners in rank order. Ties go to chickens at 500 yards.
Guns? I'm all for few rules, but? Want to stick with IHMSA guns rules, or go for broke? No target damage. Range has a 338 max.

Event 3 - Field

All kinds of targets at all kinds of range, probably about 10 total over 500 yards. Shooting from ground, spotter OK, time limit.
Again, winners by rank score of # of hits by time limits. Ties to be settled by lollipops at 100. 10 total, 2 minutes.

Grand prize winner will have smallest rank score. If there is a tie, shootoff will be 10 clay birds from 50 to 500 yards. Strict time limits of 2 minutes.

We have the range from 9 AM to 5 PM and I hope the day is full, with time for lunch, and prizes from vendors and suppliers. Know anyone, let me know and I'll be glad to send them a flyer.

Advance registration form available now via email. I have also sent them to the range site.

Well, enough structure for you?

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Larry
Tinkerer

Reminder.

April 28th in Leonard, TX.

Put it on your calendar.

Still looking for sponsors and door prizs for competitors. Got a favorite, good gun and shooting related business, let me know.

Larry
Tinkerer

Just wanted to let everyone know progress. Just heard from Cabelas and they are going to be one of our sponsors, so we're moving ahead. Now waiting on Bass Pro, Academy, McGowen, Shilen, and others ot step up.

Got a favorite, let me know and I'll contact then for support. This is going to be big and annual.:D

Larry
Tinkerer

Time for your monthly reminder. The LRSP shoot for April 28th is coming soon.

Cabelas, Bass Pro and others have signed on as sponsors. The range is ready.

I personally will take my 22-250 and 243 Strikers for the 200 yard bullseye event, my 7-08 Striker for the silhouette event, and the 308 for the field event. I am also bringing my 10" Browning 22 for a backup gun, just in case we have a 22 event pop-up lightbulb.

How about a William Tell shoot off for cash event? Just an idea of what might be going on.

Register now and come shoot this April 28th, Leonard, TX, from 9 AM to 5 PM.

Only $10 per gun, max of $50 in sunny Texas.

Larry
Tinkerer

OK, 3 weeks until the LRSP is scheduled.

Just got the call from the range owner. He has decided he cannot afford the set of BB silhouettes I found him and his range improvements.

THE TEXAS LRSP IS CANCELLED DUE TO RANGE OWNER LACK OF INTEREST.

Maybe next year.

In the meantime I am looking for another range.

Sorry, and I had interest from all over.

#$%^&,

Larry
Tinkerer

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts