Norma URP in 6.5 Creedmoor

mrkkid

Powders are still scant. I have a good deal of Norma URP as I use it in my 7X64. I'd like to hear from anybody using it in the 6.5 CM and what they thought of it. I'm going to load 124 gr Hammer Hunter pills.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

FWIW, a guy could likely use starting data for IMR 4350 as a place to start and do the usual work up. I'd send an email to the boys at Hammer to confirm that is a safe starting place. I have zero experience with any of the copper alloy bullets and how they relate to jacketed bullets

I bought several boxes of the Norma Golden Bullets in the 130 grain match loads and they shoot well under 1/2" at a hundred yards. From what I can tell I believe Norma uses the URP powder in this loading based off of the Norma reloading website. I don't know for sure but I bought 8 lbs to try in my WIFES gun. I found some information using this powder and it looks like 40-42 grains would work nicely with 130-140 class of jacketed bullets. Hammers would probably be a little different though.

Thanks Smokey3. I have some of those cartridges for my 7x64 and I also believe they are loaded with URP. But with the Creedmoor I start getting pressure issues at 40 grains of URP.

Recent Posts