Norma brass with tighter than normal primer pockets !!

Trm82

So I have some 7 rem Norma brass that I've had for at least 5-6 years from a previous 7 rem and I can not get the primers seated deep enough in this new Norma brass. I've tried fed 215m and WLMR with the same results. I'm using the RCBS hand priming tool.
Perhaps it was a bad run of brass ?
anybody ever run into this problem before?

Last edited:
Yes, I bought some Alpha small primer in 6mm CM and i thought that something was terribly wrong. I kept trying different primers until i found that CCI small primers would fit even though they were very tight. I would try some CCI,s if you can find them.

Yes, I find all Norma brass has tight pockets.
It doesn't matter though, one firing and the pockets will loosen.
I find it very annoying that it has tight pockets.
I also find it disappointing that such uniform brass is so soft.

Cheers.

Most norma brass is like that. I have an RCBS bench priming tool and some lots are tough to get seated even with that

I did try the cci primers today and they were better but those are not the desired primer I want to use.
I might have to try the ADG brass that I have.

My in-law had the same issue with Nosler brass. He was using the RCBS universal hand primer. He later tried the RCBS hand primer that uses the shell holder and the primers seated fine.

I had the same issue with with box of 100 Norma .270 wby brass last year. I couldn't seat the 215m's to flush, had to uniform the pockets....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.