Norma 338 Lapua Brass

hottuit

I have 150 rounds of New Norma 338 Lapua Brass and was preparing to use it to reload for LR hunting (800yds max). But I understand Norma has stopped making the 338 Lapua Brass. There must be a reason for the stoppage, and it might not be good. Was hoping some may have knowledge on the reason for their shut down.

I have 150 rounds of New Norma 338 Lapua Brass and was preparing to use it to reload for LR hunting (800yds max). But I understand Norma has stopped making the 338 Lapua Brass. There must be a reason for the stoppage, and it might not be good. Was hoping some may have knowledge on the reason for their shut down.
Ukraine!

The internet is always fraught with rumors and suggested occurrences. Some folks just like to be the first to suggest that something may happen in order to appear smarter than rest of us. However, in this situation there is some collateral support for this idea. The Scandinavian countries are bordered by Russia which can have a significant impact on those countries as was seen in WWII. They simply want to produce arms and ammunition for their own protection which precludes supplying the rest of world. Lapua started this process a while back.

In my opinion, we have enough better options available here in the U.S. to avoid any problems with a lack of supply or weakened supply chain. Norma brass is not the end-all for .338 Lapua brass.

I buy and shoot Peterson brass which is nothing short of superb. Yes, you have 150 pieces of Norma but you can sell this and buy from a better manufacturer and it's in the USA!

Another US suppliers is ADG and they make .338 Lapua brass also. They can easily replace your Norma brass and you have better brass.

In case you didn't check, there is still a supply of .338 Lapua brass for sale.

Enjoy the search!

:)