Lapua 300 norma mag brass?

I am running Norma brass in a .300NM. Pretty decent brass. Have had no signs of pressure on the brass so far with pushing a 230 up to 2975fps so far.

A shipment of Lapua 300NM brass arrived in Australia this week, so you should see some in the US soon.

it IS available in the USA as loaded rounds that shoot very well, i may add.
It Must be easier to throw jabs at Capstone?
with so dang many new cartridges available now days and how difficult is for them to keep up with demand for them, you have to draw the line somewhere.
I cant imagine Capstone is doing it on purpose to **** off their customer base

I cant imagine Capstone is doing it on purpose to ---- off their customer base

I suggest you read this excerpt from an e-mail by Capstone. It was posted on the bottom of the first page... and it's already mid to late summer headed into fall.

(The brass will not be available until sometime later this summer. Our Berger ammo is loaded with Lapua brass so that is one way to find it currently but the unprimed new brass will not be here until then.)
Thank you!

Michelle Hamilton

Sales Coordinator

Capstone Precision Group, LLC

So did Canada. But the newest version of the ITAR regs won't let us order it from the Canadians either. The Feds took care of that!

I have both 300 Norma Lapua brass and 338 Norma Peterson brass. Both are very tough brass. I went way over pressure (65k) and neither had loose primer pockets or ejector marks. I knew from the speeds that I was hot. Both Peterson and Lapua brass is shorter on headspace than Norma. I had the gunsmith hold both chambers back for minimal body growth with fire forming. It can be a big deal for case head separation and longevity of brass. Holding the typical Improved chamber .004 short isn't going to cut it with both these brands.

I suggest you read this excerpt from an e-mail by Capstone. It was posted on the bottom of the first page... and it's already mid to late summer headed into fall.

i understand it very well,they been saying that for a long time, like 2years now. Today's standard reply is to tell them what they want to hear. Lucky enough i have 100 Lapua brass from ABM Ammo, i was fine having it already loaded with the 230 that i loaded in my stretched out Norma brass. Simple answer now is to buy loaded Berger ammo as it is loaded with Lapua brass.
If there wouldn't be so dang many new cases (calibers)coming out ,and them having to keep up with that and everyone wanting new released bullets weight bullets, maybe they could keep up with demand?
just my opinion at the end

I'm in Australia. Distributor got a shipment in last week or two. Sold out country wide I got one of the last boxes :(

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.