Noob Question - New Lapua Brass Dented

Hi all,

Thanks for dealing with my noob question. I hate starting threads like this, but I am new to reloading and learning how to reload with the help of forums like this. When I googled the only threads I found on this subject were from forums I have never seen, and the threads were ~10 years old and inconclusive.

Is this normal? This is brand new 300 PRC Lapua brass. This is from one case of 100 pieces. So 25/100 pieces of brass seem out of round, and 12 of those are dented.

The top pic is the most dented brass.
The second pics is brass that is definitely out of round, but not as bad.
The third pic is a closer representation of the what the brass in the top picture looks like.

UNOzQ8K.jpg

hu8z4Cz.jpg

qJtkFhf.jpg
Hi all,

Thanks for dealing with my noob question. I hate starting threads like this, but I am new to reloading and learning how to reload with the help of forums like this. When I googled the only threads I found on this subject were from forums I have never seen, and the threads were ~10 years old and inconclusive.

Is this normal? This is brand new 300 PRC Lapua brass. This is from one case of 100 pieces. So 25/100 pieces of brass seem out of round, and 12 of those are dented.

The top pic is the most dented brass.
The second pics is brass that is definitely out of round, but not as bad.
The third pic is a closer representation of the what the brass in the top picture looks like.

UNOzQ8K.jpg

hu8z4Cz.jpg

qJtkFhf.jpg
It might help you to read the below attachments go ahead lube the case and size it. They bounce around in the box while shipping
F66E3E29-DC4C-47CB-AD6A-28DD6E09AEE8.png

Attachments

• 123B4CCC-BB1F-4BD5-88BF-D5789EDCB790.png
    123B4CCC-BB1F-4BD5-88BF-D5789EDCB790.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 34