Noob on necktension

Oldschool280

Hello, i am new to reloading, probably made two hundred rounds overall in my short time at it. My question is simple, is it possible to full length resize with the rcbs dies and vary neck tension some how? I r cently pulled a 20 round set to change to a more accurate powder and had a rough time getting the bullets out using the hammer puller. Is this normal?

When using standard resizing dies, whether it be full length or neck only, you are pretty much stuck with what it gives you. A different sizing button may open up the neck a bit more, but it usually it what it is.

To be able to control the neck tension how you want it, you may want to look at a bushing type sizing die. You select which bushing you want to use and how much tension is created.

When using standard resizing dies, whether it be full length or neck only, you are pretty much stuck with what it gives you. A different sizing button may open up the neck a bit more, but it usually it what it is.

To be able to control the neck tension how you want it, you may want to look at a bushing type sizing die. You select which bushing you want to use and how much tension is created.

Thanx For the reply , i'll look into those dies

Also the hammer bullet puller sucks in my opinion. RBS makes a die type puller that has screw in collets. I had the hammer puller when I started out and it made a mess every time, powder every where. Now with the collet style pulling bullets is as easy as sizing brass.

Hello, i am new to reloading, probably made two hundred rounds overall in my short time at it. My question is simple, is it possible to full length resize with the rcbs dies and vary neck tension some how?
You can partial neck size with a FL die, but then you're not sizing case body or bumping shoulders.
The only way to adjust actual tension, given 1thou of interference fit after spring back, is through sizing length on seated bullet bearing.
To do this, and size case bodies, you need a bushing-body die, commonly referred to as a FL bushing die.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.