NM Draw App Submitted Today

mgood

Maybe I'll get lucky this time. I put in for New Mexico antelope two or three years in a row and never drew a tag. Then the last two or three years I've missed out. One year I was too broke. Last year I wanted to do it but procrastinated a little too long. When I finally looked at the website, I'd missed the deadline by a couple of days. This year, I'm back in it. We'll see what happens.

1st Choice: Unit 31 (Mostly because it's closest to me. I know there are antelope there. May not be the most or the best. I don't know.)
2nd Choice: Units 39 & 40 (This looks like great antelope country to me.)
3rd Choice: Units 32 & 33 (Sort of at the intersection of the other two.)
Hunts are October 1-3.

new-mexico-hunting-units1_zpsaznzxjdy.jpg

I have a Kimber 84L Classic Select Grade 25-06 topped by a Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm. I bought it years ago with this hunt in mind around the first time I put in for this tag. It has yet to kill anything but paper.

IMG_0899a_zpsaimkngrw.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck on your draw!!! Odds for the draw in New Mexico for non residents stinks. You are better off trying to hunt with a Licensed Outfitter they get 10 percent of the tags, a non guided draw hunt only gets 6 percent of the tags.

Foiled again!
No NM draw hunts for me this year. Put in for antelope and Barbary sheep (aoudad) and struck out on both.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.