Nikon spotter II

mp214parks

Anyone have any experience with this scope. It's about the high end of my price range. And I sheep hunt, so it is light and easy to pack.Thanks, ben

Actually, that's the Nikon spotter XL II

I have a Nikon prostaff and a good friend has an XL. I like mine better. Seems a bit sharper and with more contrast. Not buy much but enough to notice. It costs less too.

Although right now I'll never buy another Nikon product.

I'm a bit bitter because they refuse to honor their warranty. The tripod mount threads stripped out. They are cheaply made of a spiral metal strip embedded in a plastic block. They are not built to last. After just a year and a half of normal use mine unraveled from the plastic base. I wasn't worried because it had a 25 year warranty. Well..I sent it in and the warranty means nothing. Nikon says that if I want it fixed I have to pay for it. They say it's my fault.

Lesson learned. After $10,000+ worth of nikon lenses, scopes and spotting scopes, I won't buy Nikon anymore.

Not sure what to recommend. Before this experience I would have said get the new nikon ed 50 fieldscope which is in the same price range with impressive resolution.

Maybe go to a store and compare scopes in that price range and the one you like the best? My next one will be a Leupold goldring.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.