Nikon m223 scope mount?

Spot On will help make any BDC reticle more accurate. The things you can do with it are pretty cool. I have not gotten shot's at at least 3 coyote's because I was playing with Spot On data and didn't expect yote's to come in that quickly. It'll also help you with click's and MOA.

If you notice something that you think should be included in Spot On let me know. We are always trying to get shooters the info they need.
Thanx Bart, as soon as my new upper arrives, I'll start working on loads for it, and get a set of Spot On turrets. My business is pretty slow this time of year, so I'll have plenty of time. I might even swap the Leupy off my 7mm rem mag for one of my Nikons just to play with the Spot on system while I wait.

Thanx again for all your help. If you happen to be in the Plano area at the end of March I'll have to buy ya a couple beers.

Thanx again,
Cody

hi,I have a S&W M&P 15 MOE MID rifle and I recently purchased a Nikon#8584 M223 scope 1-4x20 pb which came with m223xr mount.Now the problem I took it to a gunsmith(at gander mountain) who seems knowledgeable he mounted scope and when I returned home I noticed he had installed mount backwards. My questions are should I approach him on this? should I wait until I shoot it to see how it is? Doesn't this mount have 20 moa built into it? or should I take it somewhere else? I'm probably only shooting to 150-200 yards tops. thanks for any input. tom

Attachments

• DSCN0282.jpg
    DSCN0282.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I would have him turn it around, it is pretty easy to do, just a few hex screws. I would also suggest removing your Front iron sight. You would be using it with the M-223 1-4 Point Blank Reticle in place unless you buy a QD mount. The scope you have is one of my favorite's in the M-223 line-up. Zero at 100 yards and you'll be good to go to 200. Usually the eye piece is directly over the charging handle.

Here's a pic of what mine looks like and it has seen 1000's of rounds shot underneath it.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/M-223%201-4/KathyARPBR.jpg

Twc1902, That's pretty funny. After seeing that, I don't think I'll be having the "gunsmith" at Gander Mountain work on any of my guns. (That's a rhetorical statement, since I don't think there's a Gander Mountain within 500 miles of where I live.)

Yes, you should remove the scope and install the mount properly.

I bought the 2 piece P 223 mounts because I have a Bushnell AR/223 4.5-18x40mm scope. With the rear mount facing forward the zoom adjustment ring would touch the mount. Before this setup I had a riser with rings which lifted the scope up a little. Like this I really like the cheek weld, but with the p 223 mounts I will just have to get used to pushing my cheek down while looking through the scope. Oh, by the way I really like this scope. The turret click are very accurate and the reticule returns to where ever you want it to be. This setup also gives me enough room to mount a Wicked Light for night varmint hunting.

Wicked Hunting Lights

joseph

PS: I also have a WOA complete 18" upper on order with a 1 in 7" twist which will be Fluted to save some weight and will look similar to this one in bottom picture.

Attachments

• M4 new rings .JPG
    M4 new rings .JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 138
  • woa 18" photo .png
    woa 18" photo .png
    76.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 2.03.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 2.03.37 PM.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 129
Is there an obvious difference between the M223 and M223-XR mounts? I'm looking at them side by side placed flat on a table and can't notice any "incline". The only obvious difference is the XR is more of a two-piece base with 3 screws instead of the 2 screws on the regular one.

I ordered the regular M223 and read that I needed the XR, so I ordered that, and now I can't tell if the M223 regular one is an older version with the incline built in already!

The M-223 XR has 20 MOA built into the base for added adjustment at long range. The M-223 is flat.

What is the distance from the top of the Picatinny rail to the center of the 1" scope tube on the Nikon m223 XR???? Is it 1.375" or 1.5"?

Thanks in advance,

joseph

What is the distance from the top of the Picatinny rail to the center of the 1" scope tube on the Nikon m223 XR???? Is it 1.375" or 1.5"?

Joseph, This scope measure's 2.13 inches from Mid bore to mid scope and 1.22 inches from rail to mid scope.

M-2233-12RAT-1.jpg

Joseph, This scope measure's 2.13 inches from Mid bore to mid scope and 1.22 inches from rail to mid scope.

M-2233-12RAT-1.jpg

Thanks,

Sorry that I didn't get back here sooner. I needed 1.5" from the top of the rail to the center of the scope tube for a comfortable cheek weld.

I ended up getting Warne Ultra High QD Aluminum mounts which are perfect for me. I also added a B-SQUARE bubble level attached to the rail to help me keep the rifle level while shooting long range. I also added Custom turret Lable so I don't have to count clicks. Just range and turn to yardage and shoot.

The picture is distorted. The scope is not bent.

Attachments

• WARNE ULTRA LIGHT 1"RINGS 1 .JPG
    WARNE ULTRA LIGHT 1"RINGS 1 .JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 109
  • WARNE ULTRA LIGHT QD RINGS .JPG
    WARNE ULTRA LIGHT QD RINGS .JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 111
  • BUBBLE LEVEL .jpeg
    BUBBLE LEVEL .jpeg
    2.9 KB · Views: 106
  • custom turrets 1 .png
    custom turrets 1 .png
    73.4 KB · Views: 131
Very nice, Joseph! Are you sure from mid scope to mid barrel you are only 1.5 inches? The pic looks more like 2.5 inches which when using Spot On makes a big difference when shooting long range targets. I use the same level since I unfortunately have a bad habit of slightly canting my rifle.

I look forward to the range report. Those Warne mounts are defintely stout!
Great pics!

Very nice, Joseph! Are you sure from mid scope to mid barrel you are only 1.5 inches? The pic looks more like 2.5 inches which when using Spot On makes a big difference when shooting long range targets. I use the same level since I unfortunately have a bad habit of slightly canting my rifle.

Great pics!

NO. My measurement is from the top of the Picatinny rail to the center of the scope tube. I am only interested in getting the correct cheek weld for me. I do not care what the distance from the center of the scope tube and the center of the bore. I shoot 1,000 yd. in competition with my bolt gun and my smallest 5 shot group was 3.25 inches. I set up my scope to shoot at long range. I have also attached a Custom Turret Label so all I have to do is range my target then turn the turret to the yardage hold for wind and shoot. No need for counting clicks.

Below is my 2nd. attempt at 1,000 yds. without checking wind. The group sizes and scores for the 3 five shot groups are in lower right.

The 1+3/4" three shot group was shot at 400 yds. to check my new custom turret.

The 200 yd. 10 shot group was the first perfect rapid fire target with open sights score in the sitting position while shooting High Power.

joseph

Attachments

• custom turrets 1 .png
    custom turrets 1 .png
    73.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 1,000 yd. target .JPG
    1,000 yd. target .JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 400 yd target.jpg
    400 yd target.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 200 yd. H.P. rapid fire .jpg
    200 yd. H.P. rapid fire .jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 112
SORRY I CAN'T SEEM TO DELETE THIS DUPLICATE REPLY.

Great pics!

NO. My measurement is from the top of the Picatinny rail to the center of the scope tube. I am only interested in getting the correct cheek weld for me. I do not care what the distance from the center of the scope tube and the center of the bore. I shoot 1,000 yd. in competition with my bolt gun and my smallest 5 shot group was3.25 inches. I set up my scope to shoot at long range. I have also attached a Custom Turret Label so all I have to do is range my target then turn the turret to the yardage hold for wind and shoot. No need for counting clicks.

Below is my 2nd. attempt at 1,000 yds. without checking wind. The group sizes and scores for the 3 five shot groups are in lower right.

The 1+3/4" three shot group was shot at 400 yds. to check my new custom turret.

The 200 yd. 10 shot group was the first perfect rapid fire target with open sights score in the sitting position while shooting High Power.

joseph

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts