Nikon BDC ??

Waynard

Hi fellas, so I've got a Nikon 3-9-40 BDC pro staff scope on a 6.5 Creedmoor, shooting reloads. The loads are 123 gr. Hornady SST going about 2850 f.p.s. zeroed at 100 yards. Now, whenever I put the 200 yard circle in the reticle on the 100 yard target it shoots 6 inches high. I haven't got a place to shoot at 200 yards on a target so I don't know if the bullet will drop 6 inches at 200 yards. Seems pretty high at 100 yards to be able to drop in at 200 yards. Any thoughts on this, is the scope bad?

I couldn't find the 123 sst but I did find a 123 a-max. Here's how your redical breaks down with the info you provided.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 110
I've got a older Monarch 5-20x on my 308 hunting rifle and the BDC drops have worked great for me. I didn't have access to a range over 200 yards until this year so I just had to trust what the calculations told me. I've killed 4 deer between 350-470 yards using two different loads. I've only missed one deer and it was my fault with the range finder not the scope. As I've learned more about long range hunting I've realized I should not have taken shots at game without proving my data. I guess I'm lucky I never wounded and lost an animal.

Thanks for the info fellas, I sent the scope to Nikon to look at and make sure everything is ok. That Chart will come in real handy when I remount the scope and go to the range. DoubleZ, thanks for posting that.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.