Nightforce rail issue?

snox801

So I bought a 300 win mag from a fellow member a while back and went to mount up a new Nightforce scope only to find the two sets of egw rings I have won't fit in the slots. The rings fit in other slots of different guns but not the Nightforce rail that came on the gun. Rail measures .198.5 between slots. Rings measure .203.5 wide bolt. So after looking looks like the rail is to tight? I wonder how the previous owner had it mounted.
Kinda at a loss cause it supposedly shot great for him at long range with pictures but how the hell did they get the rings to mount. Or should I be looking at rings. Just figured they fit other rails I have and seem to fit standard specs. What are your thoughts?

I'm assuming it's a weaver style Nightforce as specs seem to be that. I just didn't know Nightforce made them in weaver. So I have a new rail on the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.