Nightforce NXS, with capped turrets

Terry3006

I'm looking at getting a NXS 2.5-10X32 with the MOA reticle and capped turrets.
It's for a lightweight hunting rifle.

My question is: When the caps are removed, can the turrets be set to zero after sighting in and can they be used to dial?

Any other info about this scope would be appreciated.

, The rifle will be a Winchester feather weight in a 270 win. with a 1-8 twist, 23" barrel. I'm waiting on a McMillan stock , then I'll send it to a smith for a rebarrel.

I did some searching and on the Nightforce site it looks like the turrets can be re set to zero. I assume they can be used to dial up when the caps are removed. I was planning on getting the moa reticle and can use that for hold over .

I am not a fan of the MOAR in the 10x max power nightforce variables, its not a very good low light reticle. The scope you chose will likely be an illuminated model but I hate having to depend on that. I do love the MOAR in the 3.5-15 and higher powered models. its a totally different reticle in those scopes. for the 2.5-10's I think the plain ole mil dot is the best low light reticle they have

I have the npr1 reticle on a 2.5x10x32. Very hard to pick up in certain lighting conditions. I would look into the 42mm, wish that I would have gone that route.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.