Nightforce not supporting there older scopes

"... So a couple of weeks go by and I call to see if the turrets are in and I'm told since they don't make that scope anymore, they aren't going to order turrets for it - because they need to order in bulk and it would be too expensive." TAC

If he said he doesn't want to order them, cuz he has to order in bulk, that usually means that the manufacturer has them. The dealer just doesn't want to pay the premium to order one set.

Contact LightForce in AU country, and buy them direct.

You'll probably pay more than you like, but that the price of a mess like this.

Daveosok and alf,

do you guys realize your calling Nightforce scopes a piece of ****? You guys will have to tell me why?

Are all Nightforce scopes crappy, or do you think its just the older ones? The last time I checked the Nightforce 3.5-15X56 has some pretty nice glass.

TAC

Doesn't sound like Nightforce values your business. 10 year old scope isn't very old, considering a hunter could depend on a scope for 40 years of hunting quite easily. If you said it was a 25 year old scope I'd begin to feel differently. We should have to buy new scopes every ten years because the parts are no longer available? I don't think that's quite up to par with several other scope manufacturers. They would offer some type of compensation to offset their cost-related decision to not provide service for your scope. Otherwise they get bashed in this day and age. Which I don't have too much of a problem with. Helps keep them honest.

Last edited:
Post should have been titled "Nightforce not selling aftermarket accessories for 10 year old scopes".
I would not trade my nightforces scopes for anything, Well maybe a S&B

From what I have gathered here...

... it's NOT that "NightForce" (the company) won't support the scope, it's that the USA distributer won't order the parts from NightForce (in Australia), because there is a minimum order, that they don't want to spend.

That's a BIG difference!

Since the guy sold it, this is a dead horse now...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.