NightForce Direct mount?

Tikkamike

I have a 3.5-15x50mm nxs on my 375 rum and the talley ring (screws) are taking a beating. so I was looking at the NF direct mount. they make a low that I think will work well. The reason I am interested in it it its 1 piece, AND it has a intrigal recoil lug that will take the shearing motion off the little screws. Just wondering if anyone has used them and any pros or cons. I know outlaw 6.0 has one and says its a nice piece but id like more feed back if there is anyone else with an opinion.

I used one on a friends rifle, for its intended use its about perfect.

Its like a dnz, but all grown up and professional. For a multipurpose rifle, a low 1 piece ring set has to be about the perfect combination of clean.

I have a 34mm scope on the way, and have been in contact with nf and they will be releasing a 34mm unimount hopefully shot show or thereabouts.

Only observation is that they limit scope mounting latitude, but would only assume that would be an issue in and extremely odd scope mounting scenario.

If they made a low 30mm for my 375 on a savage action, i'd have one on there in a heartbeat.

Looking at the same set-up for a rem 700 in .300 WM. Was also wondering about how well the bubble level in the rear scope ring worked. Anyone try that? Bruce

Looking at the same set-up for a rem 700 in .300 WM. Was also wondering about how well the bubble level in the rear scope ring worked. Anyone try that? Bruce

I just happened to be in T&T the other day & noticed your name on a ticket for a new toy :D. I ran a Holland level on my Direct Mount, never tried anything else.

t

I have one and it didn't fit on the action. There was a batch of them that had part of the recoil lug area that interfered with the ejection port.
Long story short, they basically called me a liar and said tough @@@@.

Other than not fitting the action without filing and being about .010 too short for my Leupy VX3 it was just what I was looking for.

I hope mine fits... the only thing I already know I dont like about it is the low is still .885 tall which is a little tall

Isn't that the truth, It seems most of the market is centered around tall check pieces and even taller scope mounts.

Aside from ar platforms, what is the benefit of mounting a scope on stilts? Using the small objective scopes and a tapered barrel, the only clearance issue to speak of is bolt clearance on the ocular. I have always wondered why there aren't more low and ultra low offerings.

you and me both! Near MFG makes some awesome stuff custom to what you want but its another $150 over what the NF Direct mount cost... probably worth it in the end though. I am going to see how I like this thing.

Got the low direct mount in today. It's a little higher aesthetically than I prefer but not bad Andy cheek weld doesn't seem bad. However fit and finish are amazing and it seems solid as a rock now. I think I like it!

looks sharp, the idea of a low seems to be higher for some than others. If it was on a rifle that has a straight taper it would be closer to low. It does leave a lot of room in the port for single loading.

should be plenty solid

So where did you order yours from? Was looking yesterday and seemed to be out of stock. A bit of price difference. Saw $249 to $189.
Like the looks of it on your rifle. Should work well. Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.