Nightforce Competition vs ATACR

D Scott

Thank you in advance for any advice, I have a couple 260 rem rifles I shoot long range in both the field and bench rest shooting. Currently I have a NF NXS 5-22 x 56 and a NF BR 12-42. One of my guns is an F class type rig, single shot, I was considering getting another NF scope to put into use between my rifles.

Can anyone comment on the new NF comp 15-55 x scope? is most of the magnification range usable ? I find myself dialing back the 12-42 50 % of the time because conditions dont permit. Is the new glass a significant upgrade or just a marginal difference ?

If it doesn't represent a great improvement I will just keep using my current NF BR for long range target and load development, and consider the ATACR for hunting and more tactical shooting. Anyone have either or both of these they could shed some light on ?
THanks Scott

Thank you in advance for any advice, I have a couple 260 rem rifles I shoot long range in both the field and bench rest shooting. Currently I have a NF NXS 5-22 x 56 and a NF BR 12-42. One of my guns is an F class type rig, single shot, I was considering getting another NF scope to put into use between my rifles.

Can anyone comment on the new NF comp 15-55 x scope? is most of the magnification range usable ? I find myself dialing back the 12-42 50 % of the time because conditions dont permit. Is the new glass a significant upgrade or just a marginal difference ?

If it doesn't represent a great improvement I will just keep using my current NF BR for long range target and load development, and consider the ATACR for hunting and more tactical shooting. Anyone have either or both of these they could shed some light on ?
THanks Scott
I shoot the NXS 32 and 42 along with the NF Competition in F-Class. I absolutely love the Competition, but I also love the NXS models just a little less. I would be hard pressed to sell my 42X just to upgrade to the Competition. I don't know if the cost difference would be worth the upgrade…..but that's just my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.