Nightforce actual click spacing.

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
The nominal click spacing in moa on many scopes is not exactly accurate.

Has anyone figured out through shooting exactly what the NF click spacing is in moa?

I found it to be 1.090"/MOA/100yd with an NXS.
That is, when I dial up 10moa, I measure 10.9"@100yds.
I don't see it as an issue, unless you can't set this value in your ballistic software.
In that case it would be ugly, as you'd introduce .43IPHY of error per 10moa of adjustment..

My Mk4s(several) have been right on 1.047, which is more universal(assumed) as far as software.

How accurately did you measure the 100 yards? Was the ruler you measured perpendicular to the llne of sight? A range of 96 yards instead of 100 would give that result.. Just checking other possible explanations.

At least use a ballistic computer which allows you to set moa/click. That's basic.

I used a Leica1200 LRF, and held the gun as steady as I could while adjusting, then reading a plumb scale. Couldn't hardly call it a standard of measure, no. But I am confident that my NXS does move a bit more per 1/4click than my Mk4s, which happen to test perfect by described process.

It hasn't been an issue for me though.
Actually the NXS I logged that info on is my 'reference scope' in that it can be counted on for sure to hold POA.
I swap it from gun to gun with any Suspicion of a scope issue, and isolated a problem scope(another NXS) with it once.

I have checked 2 Huskemaw's so far using the very careful method described above. Those were each off by about 5% from the stated 1/3 moa.

And as you said, it doesn't matter at all that they are off, you just adjust for it.

Lately, my adjustment method is to simply use a higher velocity in my sotware that ends up working with the actual drops in the field.

All of my Nightforce scopes move scary close to one quarter MOA per click. When I shoot a 10 MOA box I get about 10 1/2" vertically and horizontally.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts