night vision scooe

Re: night vision scope

White light will illuminate to the furthest distance for a given battery consumption. Green light is next. Red light will provide the least range and part of that is simply that our eyes are less sensitive to red light.

I have been told that red light is the way to go for predators, but my experience has been that coyotes are just as likely to spook from a red light the second time they are "shone" as with any other color light. My suggestion is that you use one that provides the best illumination and kill the coyotes the first time, because there may not be a second time...

If you go NV then use an IR light. They seem to be even more efficient with battery power than visible lights.

There is a group of guys making videos of night predator hunting and they use HMI lights which are very bright but dimmable (very expensive too $1000's for a single light). So I think that the key thing is to light them up once and kill them.

Why do they have three different colors to choose from? Which would be the best for predators?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.