• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Nielson Custom Rifles 45 cal Smokeless Muzzleloader

Buckman300

I listed this a while back but I was away from way too much for a few months and had a hard time keeping up with everything. Things have finally slowed down so let's try this again.

Nielson Custom Rifles 45 cal Smokeless Muzzloader. Used on a few hunts but in great condition. Less than 100 shots through it.

$2500 for the everything shipped to your FFL

-Remington 700 single shot stainless action
-Bix and Andy Dakota trigger
-45 cal X Caliber spiral fluted barrel, 26" long
-Self timing three port muzzle brake
-Bell and Carlson Sporter stock with pic rail for bipod
-BDL bottom metal
-Action is glass bedded and barrel free floated
-Hankins swaging die with accessories
-About 2.5 boxes of Arrowhead 325 gr XLD bullets
-Arrowhead breech plug and 19 primer modules
-Funnel for loading through the muzzle brake
-Anarchy Outdoors collapsible ramrod with spin jag
-Ratchet, extension and socket for removing the breech plug
-Talley lightweight 30mm rings

Attachments

• IMG_4628.jpeg
    IMG_4628.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4626.jpeg
    IMG_4626.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_4627.jpeg
    IMG_4627.jpeg
    400 KB · Views: 188
Cool looking gun! out of curiosity how does the bdl bottom metal work with the single shot action, and what is the point of bottom metal on a muzzleloader?

out of curiosity how does the bdl bottom metal work with the single shot action, and what is the point of bottom metal on a muzzleloader?
Mainly just for aesthetics, but depending on design that area can also be used for storage of powder tubes or bullets. Check out the following thread for more info on SML's.

I'm just getting ready to order a barreled action from hankins or arrowhead but this has me interested. What load are you using and what velocity?

Sorry guys, for some reason I'm not getting the email notifications and this is the first I've logged in all week. I'll answer everybody and stay on top this. Side note, is there a way to turn the email notifications?

I'm selling because I moved from Utah to Wyoming and won't be doing much muzzleloader hunting going forward. Because I was in Utah I had to hunt with Blackhorn209 powder even though the gun is smokeless capable. It's shooting sub MOA with me shooting.

100 gr Blackhorn209 (by weight)
325 gr Arrowhead XLD
Around 2400 FPS

I have a second smokeless muzzy that I play around with and have used on some any legal weapon hunts with smokeless powder. In that gun I'm shooting 65 gr H4198 with the 325 gr XLD going 2600 FPS. I could get more out of it but it shoots good I don't see the need. May end up selling this gun also but I haven't decided yet.