NIce pair of elk sheds!!!

remingtonman_25_06

I was out coyote hunting with a buddy when I stopped the car to glass a wheat field. I had thought it was a coyote sitting there about 500-600 yards out. Upon closer inspection, I could make out a very large set of horn on the ground. I've never been into collecting dropped sheds, I always just leave them. But I started glassing the perimeter and by golly if I did not see the 2nd dropped horn not 40 yards away. I said what the heck and made the walk. The first horn was a 7 point from an elk. I knew it was pretty big from the looks of it, at least a 300 class bull. I walked to the 2nd horn and it was a 6 point. So I paired them up and it appeared to be a very large 6x7. I am 6'2, the top of the horns come up to my shoulders, I knew it was a nice set of horns. By far the best find I have ever come across. When I took them home, my dad and uncle about crapped themselves. Turns out I found a very nice 6x7. They said it was huge and that I should have it scored. So I called the local taxidermy who was an official scorer and got to work on it. Turns out the bull was an estimated 367 class, considering it was to have a 40" spread. One horn was like 163 and the other was like 165. It is high enough to put it up in the oregon record book as well. Well here they are!
zm1rap.jpg

Geeminez Dave ,

Only a shooter , /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif were those attached I would be in serious trouble trying to get a shooting solution AND pulse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Good eyes Remmy , maybe you should get into some shed hunting.

Jim B.

Remmy, 25-06,

Awesome rack. Now that you know where that bull lives, secure permission in likely areas that he would be in the fall and scout, scout, and scout.
I would like to see the next pic of you with your 300 RUM and the bull with his horns attached.

Good job.

JD338

[ QUOTE ]
looks like a shooter to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

With elk my motto is:

If it's brown it's down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.