Nice Boar

Outstanding! This great you can take your daughter hunting and be with her when she took the bear. That is a nice looking bear. Do you process your bear meat? I have missed going to New Mexico and hunting them.
I really like the bear meat my friends bring to me from Canada. They go every other year with traditional archery gear and usually all score. I like the roast, tenderloin and sausage I get from them. I'm going next year.
Great bear and I'm sure it was a good time. A good friend moved to Pullman, Washington and he said he spots bear around his place and in and around Moscow, ID where he works sometimes. He is in the Forestry Dept.
Again, nice bear and tell the daughter congratulations.
Let us know the age if you find out.

Mike

Burger 115, it broke a rib and it spine and was just under the hide we recovered it intact but I haven't weighed it.
4A14B183-012F-41A1-8046-7B8EFB6C3563.png

On Friday evening my daughter and I went scouting for a bear, she spotted one that we decided to come back for in the morning. Morning can Cassandra was up before me telling me to get it together so we can get to the ranch after a stop at Safeway and the expos stand we were on our way. It only took about 10minutes to locate him in the morning. We planed our stock, we got to 200 yards, got the Rem 700 25/06 set up on the bipod. Cassandra said dad I'm on him and it's perfect can I take him, the Y in Yes was barely out of my mouth and we saw the big guy go into a tuck and roll.View attachment 207552View attachment 207552View attachment 207679
Congratulations nice great shooting

mpayne,

Congrats to you for obviously being a great Dad, a hunter, and for sharing our wonderful hobby with your daughter. Good job! And also congrats to your daughter for learning the sport and for being a good shot. It's a great memory for both of you.

I took my oldest son on a bear hunt two years ago for a college graduation present. He was able to take a nice bear also. It was one of my best hunts I've ever been on...and I wasn't even hunting.

Keep up the good work!

On Friday evening my daughter and I went scouting for a bear, she spotted one that we decided to come back for in the morning. Morning can Cassandra was up before me telling me to get it together so we can get to the ranch after a stop at Safeway and the expos stand we were on our way. It only took about 10minutes to locate him in the morning. We planed our stock, we got to 200 yards, got the Rem 700 25/06 set up on the bipod. Cassandra said dad I'm on him and it's perfect can I take him, the Y in Yes was barely out of my mouth and we saw the big guy go into a tuck and roll.View attachment 207552View attachment 207552View attachment 207679
Congratulations to Both of you! Well done. I got a daughter that turned VEGAN at about 12.....I told her that if God wanted us to be VEGAN he would have made BROCCOLI MORE FUN TO SHOOT !

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.