Newcon Bliss

Hicks

Guys,

After reading ad nauseum all the threads on the various range finders I decided to go with the Newcon LRM 2000 Pro because of a mixture of price and performance. I was not willing to fork over the cash for a better quality one. It was delivered yesterday and yesterday afternoon, in bright sun, it ranged a cow (beef) at 954 yards. That impressed the hell out of me. Then, last evening, near dusk I ranged a building at just over 2500 yards. Ranging a building is not obviously useful, but I was still really impressed that I could get that far. My dad's got about 15 years of use out of his Yardage Pro 800, so I hope I can do the same.

Hicks

Hicks, please post how you find it works for you through the hunting season and what your opinion of it is after using it for the season.

tks

Hicks, please post how you find it works for you through the hunting season and what your opinion of it is after using it for the season.

tks

Will do. I'm heading out shooting tomorrow and I'm planning on ranging some speed goats with it. I'm interested in seeing how it ranges fur in bright sun. I'll report back on Sunday.

Hicks.

Yesterday I was able to range a small buck Antelope at 635 yards. He looked REALLY small through the optics, but every time I hit the action button I was rewarded with a return. It was just a bit cloudy but I was happy all the same. CSPSgt was with me and his Yardage Pro 800 wouldn't even touch it. Later when the sun came out we tried for some black cows at what we thought was something over 1000 yards and I could not get a return. Later that evening @ around 6pm I got several cows at just over 850 yards. I feel this piece of equipment was a good choice for me; it will range to the extreme limit of my shooting ability at this point in the game. As I improve so will my range finder, but for now I'm very pleased.

Hicks

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts