Newby

Sheldon Root

Hello everyone. Best of the New Year and best things for the year.
I am an oldie, or should I say a younger well experienced individual.
Have been a avid hunter shooter for over 60 years and still manage to get to the topof the mountains, just take me a spell longer than years gone by.
Reloader for 55 years of those years and really enjoy this forum. Lots of experience and experimentation that appears to take place.
I look forward to reading this for years to come yet.

SR

Welcome to the forum! What kind of shooting do you like to do these days?
Well for most of my years it was untilitarian so as to put meat on the table. However now most my shooting is playing around with long range target shooting. I have had a few custom units built over the years to really reach out there. At this time I have only gone so far as 600 yds. and managed to get normal groups in the 2-2.5". Still room for improvement I know. This is a custom build, 338/378 pushing 300 gr. Bergers or Sierra hunting rounds. They both do well in this unit. I would only use this for stand hunting or horse trips into big grizz. country as it is pretty hefty and would not make a good mountain trekking unit. When my son and I do make it up into the mountains I use a Wby 300 loaded with 200 gr Barnes and run them hot. Only problem with them is they blow out big hunks of hide and meat under 300 yds.

Hello to Texas. Thanks for the welcome. We are doing our usual struggle with the Canuck winters with snow and minus 0 temps. After all these years as a hunter it is hard to understand how the wild animals survive. Your weather must be a tad warmer for sure.
Glad to have with us

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.