Newbie from San Diego

PWCOATS

Just getting back into shooting and reloading after a significant spell focusing on the office and kids. Good to be back into the shooting sports.

I used to shoot a lot a the gravel pits and South Bay R&G in the late 80s. I am now starting back at the same locations. I shoot 25-06, 22-250 remington, 30-06, 338 Win Mag, and have recently purchased a 338 Lapua Mag which I am presently setting up. How about yourself? I have a couple of pistols in case I don' t have a rifle handy.

I love PROJECT 2000 also known as P2K. they only go to 100 but have the best gun range I've ever seen and are building more every day.

I also visit South bay Rod and gun club when I want the 200-300 yd stuff, but I prefer a spot on BLM that I can shoot as far as I want as I'm slowly getting into long range.

I am having my first custom 300 wsm rifle built as soon as the barrel arrives I'm going to ship it out to one smith or another. I have noticed that more than one smith get offended when you ask him for quotes, and they are very picky about what work they will do and don't like to commit to anything. Best guy i can find is all the way across the country....disappointing..

I'm a 308 guy up to this point but also have 30-06, 223, 30-30, and all handgun calibers.

Im a reloading nut, and literally can't seem to shoot enough.

This site has so much info and so much knowledge it's almost overwelming.....and of course it will make you desire a custom long range rifle....be carefull!!!

Maybe Ill see you out there some day.

sounds like you have some big thunder sticks, how far have you shot them?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.