Newbie,270 wby load data 165 matrix

cblackwell

Hello all, I am very very new to reloading and hoped some LHR members could help me find a good starting point to load the 165gr .277 matrix pill in my 270 Roy with the long weatherby free bore. Components on hand are once fired weatherby brass, federal 215m primers and H1000 powder with redding 3 die set. Any information would be most helpful. thanks to all in advance!!

Feenix thanks for the reply. I am hopeing for some others to chime in as well for some more info.

I shoot a 270wsm with 67gr of n570 federal 215m. Seated at 2.840 3030f/sec and 1/3moa at 100yds 3 bullets. Want to shoot at 200/300/400/500yds this weekend for confirmation.

I don't know much about the Matrix or how long the bearing surface is. That said I think there is data for 160 partition. Back off the starting load a grain or two should put you in the ballpark to get started then work up from there. just a thought.

This doesn't have much to do with 270 but I have a 308 win and the only bullets I could get we're 150gr sst ...anyone know a good recipe for these light loads

bootag... I am very new to reloading but... i have the hornady reloading manual, what powder or powders do you have and i will get you the info from this manual. Hope this will help you out.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.