NEW Zeiss 8x26 Victory Rangefinder

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, and for what it's worth my new swaro just quit working and needs to go in for repair. That said I know they will repair it fast and get it back to me. Glad it waited till most of the season was over.

Jeff

Broz , things must have changed at Swaro . When they first came out , I bought two duds before I got a good one . I'm not complaining about Swaro Service , because they were very good about it . However , in those days they did no repairs in the US , and just sent me a new one .

Any reason other than price no one is looking at the G7 BR2? I had a Leica 1200, and it worked fine, but this G7 really is awesome. Ranged buildings at 2550, bales at almost 2000, cattle at 1500+(cant remember exact ranges). The ballistic solutions are dead on with my 300 Win and 6.5x284 tested so far, only out to 800.

Only negatives at all would be price and they are bulkier than swaro/zeiss/leica. Out of all my optics, this would be the last one I would give up.

Jeff I would think twice before buying a new Leica I just sold mine.It would only read past 600 yrds once and a while.I have talked to three other guys that have the same problem.For the money I think they are junk.$800.00 that is a lot of money more something that don't work all the time.Weather really affected mine had trouble in very light mist and light fog.Jim

Guys this is a 5 yr old thread. Much has changed since.

Jim, they all are limited in fog . snow , mist or rain. My recently purchased 1600 Leica works great. Ranged hay bales at over 1600, a tree right before dark at 1957. Distances were confirmed with my Vectronix PLRF10.

Broz , things must have changed at Swaro . When they first came out , I bought two duds before I got a good one . I'm not complaining about Swaro Service , because they were very good about it . However , in those days they did no repairs in the US , and just sent me a new one .

I went through several back then before I got a "good one" Then I started to learn about Beam Divergence and ditched all Swaro's when they started to fail me.

Any reason other than price no one is looking at the G7 BR2? I had a Leica 1200, and it worked fine, but this G7 really is awesome. Ranged buildings at 2550, bales at almost 2000, cattle at 1500+(cant remember exact ranges). The ballistic solutions are dead on with my 300 Win and 6.5x284 tested so far, only out to 800.

Only negatives at all would be price and they are bulkier than swaro/zeiss/leica. Out of all my optics, this would be the last one I would give up.

The G7 is a good unit to 1000 for hunting. It can go farther depending on the conditions and terrain but the huge bean can and will screw you if you let it. I feel this unit is a good choice for the right bunch of LR hunters. But not all. That is why I carry a Vectronix.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.