New to rifle reloading - Powder suggestions?

Yeah ,happens all the time, I have my opinion about 1 to 15 year old posts / threads , but it doesn't need to be heard again .
I missed the age of the OP sometimes I wish they would shut down old posts from being able to post on them after a curtain time of inactivity on some of the websites I post on.

I missed the age of the OP sometimes I wish they would shut down old posts from being able to post on them after a curtain time of inactivity on some of the websites I post on.
Hey I have asked , and the site chooses to run it this way, so I guess they have their reasons ,as they did not explain.

If it seems odd to you and I believe me plenty of other people think the same thing.

I have answered quite a few real old ones not realizing how old they were .

I see the good in some old technical threads , but by far not all of them ,especially ,when someone is 1. looking for a rifle or scope or reloading equipment or any type accessory 2. Looking for advice on where to hunt in a certain state .
After 1 or 2 or 10 years they have purchased the item or have been back from the hunt for years, and we are asking them how they did.

Gotta ask your self what do you want to do with the 06 and the 223. Plinking, hunting; short long range? How is the rifle set up? Bedded, stock rifle? Some bullets are better than others. I use magnum primers for the suggested powder 4350, with better results with heavier charges.

Hey I have asked , and the site chooses to run it this way, so I guess they have their reasons ,as they did not explain.

If it seems odd to you and I believe me plenty of other people think the same thing.

I have answered quite a few real old ones not realizing how old they were .

I see the good in some old technical threads , but by far not all of them ,especially ,when someone is 1. looking for a rifle or scope or reloading equipment or any type accessory 2. Looking for advice on where to hunt in a certain state .
After 1 or 2 or 10 years they have purchased the item or have been back from the hunt for years, and we are asking them how they did.
it's ok to read on it but not make comments, but hey they're paying the bill !

I like it when these old posts come up. A reminder of when there were so many options available.
I'd rather have a choice to look at 20 year old posts , like they show on the bottom of the page with ( related posts ) , not the way they come up .why don't they put a bar up next to the ( new posts ) that says ( old posts ).
But hey you like it I don't

Last edited:
You can even make comments if you want. Even though the original poster may be gone from the forum, the rest of us can still gain knowledge for today.
I agree with technical stuff but not for ,what caliber should I buy for deer .?
10 years later we are still answering the post and the guy doesn't hunt anymore

now that it is here, does it really reduce copper fouling ?
Yes, or at least it did for me. I tried it in one of my AR's. Over 1100 rounds with out cleaning. Carbon finally built up and had to use forward assist to chamber a round. I just wanted to see how many rounds I could fire. Three patches and no more purple. I put it away and later ran a few patches and got no more copper. I bought 8 pounds after that.

Recent Posts