new to longerange

I to would put a Leupold on it!(the best you can afford at the time)

I shoot both the 300 win and 300 Rum,I have hunted a lot more with my 300 win but neither one has let me down.

Its a matter of personel choice, if you dont plan on shooting animals in the next country the big barrel burners arent needed, but when you do need the extra reach your glad you have it!

A lot depends on the kind of terrain you hunt. The more open the country the more gun I like to have with me! Oregonhunter

I'm think about getting a new rifle and scope. I hunt deer and elk in southeastern British Columbia. I want to extend my range.shots can be anywhere from 100 yards out to as far as you care to shoot. Thanks for any info.

Welcome to the board fellow Canuck. Whereabouts are you? I am in Summerland, BC and do lots of LR shooting.

Give me an idea of what you rig is and I can supply some insight. Big problem is what is available in Canada vs the US. Leupold is nice but there are some supper deals on Japanese products that are every bit as good/probably better for 1/2 the price.

email [email protected]

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.