New to AZ...interested in coyote and mtn lion

demack

Hello, I moved to Arizona a couple years ago and just getting into hunting out here. I live in the Phoenix area and would love to connect with any members who varmint hunt at night for coyote and mountain lion. I've never done it and willing to learn. I'm a very safe hunter, former Marine and in decent shape. Thanks for any tips and help!

Demack, welcome from Goodyear, Az. I hunt with several members of this forum, but we only hunt coyotes early AM not at night. Most good coyote hunting is on land shared with cattle and the ranchers kind of frown on night hunts. If you like hiking there are places without livestock to hunt. Most of us are starting prep for elk and deer hunts coming up Sept thru Nov. The weather is also a factor, hot, spend a few hours at the range, cool, get out early and hunt coyotes. Lion hunt here are best with dogs with the best owned by lion outfitter$.

Dosh, thanks for the reply and info. Any chance you will be at the AZ Elk Society clinic later this month? I'd love to catch up with you and get more details if you are there. Thanks again for the feedback.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.