New to 6.5 Creedmoor loading

I have a Bergara B14 HMR and found mine is very picky about ammo that works well. I tried several factory Match loads with poor results and a number of powders including H4350 and H4831SC which have worked well through my .260 Rem Tooley Bartlein barrel on my AI AT. Poor results with these as well.

I tried number of loads using Varget and found a good node at 36.8 gr in Hornady once-fired brass, Sierra MatchKing 142gr bullets, CCI BR-2 primers and a C.O.A.L. of 2.825". My best group is pictured below...a 5-shot 100-yard group shot three weeks ago using a bipod and rear bag under the conditions noted.

Having found a useful load, I'll bring my MagnetoSpeed chronograph on my next range trip.

Good luck and good shooting,

Harry

6.5 CM w: 36.8 Varget.jpeg

I have a Bergara B14 HMR and found mine is very picky about ammo that works well. I tried several factory Match loads with poor results and a number of powders including H4350 and H4831SC which have worked well through my .260 Rem Tooley Bartlein barrel on my AI AT. Poor results with these as well.

I tried number of loads using Varget and found a good node at 36.8 gr in Hornady once-fired brass, Sierra MatchKing 142gr bullets, CCI BR-2 primers and a C.O.A.L. of 2.825". My best group is pictured below...a 5-shot 100-yard group shot three weeks ago using a bipod and rear bag under the conditions noted.

Having found a useful load, I'll bring my MagnetoSpeed chronograph on my next range trip.

Good luck and good shooting,

Harry

View attachment 176781
Yeah I agree 100%. It's taken me a lot of testing to find all that works for me. I, like you, have found the 142 SMKs work well with just about anything. I'm going to trial this new Winchester power (staball 6.5) With the 140gr pills

I do all my load data development at 100M so as to capture the true BC via LabRadar However I do my POA/POI at 200 for my LR hunting rifle and 100 for my regular hunting rifle. There are apps that allow you to do a theoretical zero at and to whatever distance you want.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts