6.5 Creedmoor loads

Is this your first lightweight rifle? If it is try holding the stock with your off hand while shooting for groups. It is hard to be consistent letting a lightweight rifle free recoil at the bench. I shoot both my R700 Ti and Savage 11 LWH this way and it is much easier to get good groupings.

My Savage 11 LWH 6.5 CM H4350 and 130 Berger HVLD 1/2 MOA

Yup, we rarely see people holding the fore end at the range...I got into the habit with a 243 but then started doing tests holding and not holding the for end. I especially learned the importance of it when I got a Savage sporter barrel 7mmRM. Never shot it free recoil, but realized how much a tight grip and consistent firm shoulder mattered.

With my new 6.5 CM, while breaking it in, I realized that it should be held as well.
And after all, when I'm hunting, I'm never in a position to let the front end just ride free anyway. I want full control over that thing, 243, 6.5, 270, 7RM.

DE18D32A-CE91-448C-B433-4DD912EE72FF.jpeg

I have found the Hornady Factory ammo groups well but doesn't generally display tight velocity ES which is a problem at the longer ranges. I have had good results using H4350 with Lapua small primer brass with 140-143 bullets. This powder has excellent temperature stability and performs superbly in the 6.5CM. I use the Sierra load for PRS competition. I get similar velocity, ES, and group size with the 139 Scensrs, and Hornady 143 ELDX's using H4350 with the Lapua brass/BR4 primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.