New Tikka T3X Superlite - Tikka Rings w/ Lug?

I've been running 20 moa scope base from Mountain Tactical, but Area 419 makes really nice ones with recoil pin.
I've just purchased Hawkins 30mm rings (w/level) and build in 25 moa. They don't have recoil pin, but look very well made

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip on Area 419. That is a good looking rail. I hated aluminum rails/bases until I found the 7075 alloy.

For Tikka I have a NEAR rail which is top quality. Integral recoil lug. It also weighs 5.3oz.... I have several Talley lightweight rings also. They work just fine with careful installation.

If I had only Tikkas, I'd probably go with the spuhr SCT direct mount, but generally use Picatinny rails to make scopes compatible across multiple platforms.

So I was originally going to go with rings that attached directly to the Tikka dovetail and utilized the lug/pin, but after looking at the recommendations here I decided on the DNZ.

Went with the 215 Tactical, as I liked the idea of (4) screws in the rings - don't know if it will do anything any better, but I liked the look as well lol.

I will see if I can figure out how to post a pic when all the parts come in - Cashed in a bunch of Cabela's cards for the Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25x50 and it should arrive this week. DNZ mounts should be next week.

Thank you all for your help - it is much appreciated!

Clint

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.