New Tikka T3X Ember and the 123 SST

YZ-80

Hi all,

A month or so back, I picked up a Tikka in 6.5 CRDM. I've never owned a Tikka but I think I've been won over. This is the first time I've developed a load suppressed, with my Harvester 300. I took a stab in the dark on the CBTO cause the throat was so long, I pushed the SST right out of the comparator case to set the starting jump (I hate it when that happens!). I ended up at 2.174" CBTO. Anyway, after 45 rounds, I think I might have it figured out. I did hit pressure at 42.3 grains (.58 MOA) so I decided to back off a bit, go back to the bench and explore the mid-41 range. I had read that longer throats tend to behave better when they aren't pushed. I don't know how true this is but I think 41.7 will work. Be well, LRH friends!
IMG_8173.jpeg
IMG_8094.jpeg
IMG_8093.jpeg

CONGRATULATIONS, on your New Gun.
That's a beauty, very nice and a Shooter to boot. What will you be hunting?
Oh absolutely! It's my first mid-weight rifle suitable to take in the woods with a can. And, of course, it will come in very handy for Master Bedroom Woodchucks!

In the Price Range ( Sub $1,000 ) NOTHING shoots as "Good" as,.. a Tikka !
And at Sub 8 Pounds Scoped, NOTHING carries as, Nicely !
Welcome to, "the Club" !
This one was a bit pricier at $1,200 but when you consider the build quality and what the competition has to offer, I think it was a solid acquisition!

I have worked with 6 different factory Tikkas. 2 25-06's, 2 7mm rem Mags, a 270 short Mag, and a 243. They all shot lights out. Great guns. I really like the smooth actions and the weight. The factory triggers are super crisp as well.

I have worked with 6 different factory Tikkas. 2 25-06's, 2 7mm rem Mags, a 270 short Mag, and a 243. They all shot lights out. Great guns. I really like the smooth actions and the weight. The factory triggers are super crisp as well.
You are right about the trigger. Very nice. I got mine adjusted pretty much all the way down to 2.5 lbs. Easy-Peasy!

I bought, an Ernie the Gunsmith Spring for my .270 WSM "Hunting Tikka" and set @ a Crisp 1.75 lbs ( I Carry w/ Chamber empty, while hunting Elk ).
Bought, a Lighter spring from, Elay Precision for, Steel Target shooting / Deer / Predators, it's in my 6.5 Creed set at, 1.5 lbs.
IF walking, in steep or, rocky country,.. chamber empty,.. til destination or, Game appears