Looking for 6.5x55 Recipe (123 SST+RL16)

megastink

I've got a 1:9 6.5 Swede and a stockpile of Hornady 123gr SST's and a few pounds of Reloder 16. I've been in touch with Hornady and Alliant, neither had an answer for me today. Does anyone here have a recipe or know a source where I can find a recipe for this specific combo?

Joseph Von Benedikt did an article in Shooting times for modern 6.5X55 loads. The closest in weight he listed would be the barnes 127 LRX, Lapua brass, 215M primer, and 47.0gr RL16 for 3048fps

Would the extra 3gr of the bullet make a difference? Should I start at 41gr and work up from there? I'm a new reloader.
I strongly recommend you find a local experienced handloader to learn from and supervise you. The internet is not the place to find load data and education. Having 80,000 psi inches from your face to find out someone gave you bad info is not the way to learn you were wrong. Reloading manuals have a wealth of info about reloading and data and is much cheaper than facial reconstruction. This sort of learning is a accident waiting to happen

I've got a 1:9 6.5 Swede and a stockpile of Hornady 123gr SST's and a few pounds of Reloder 16. I've been in touch with Hornady and Alliant, neither had an answer for me today. Does anyone here have a recipe or know a source where I can find a recipe for this specific combo?
What action are you using? I've had a couple modern 6.5x55's (Tikka T3's). Finding good load data can be a bit confusing. There's load data for old rifles and load data for modern rifles (stronger actions).

What action are you using? I've had a couple modern 6.5x55's (Tikka T3's). Finding good load data can be a bit confusing. There's load data for old rifles and load data for modern rifles (stronger actions).
It's a 1938 Mauser 98. It was recently rebarrelled.

2E34721D-19B3-43CA-A855-5CD017208208.jpeg