NEW Tangent Theta 3-15x50LRH Long Range Hunter model released

You'll notice that optics most of us consider top shelf like an ATACR or Mark 5HD are not even in that conversation.
Not nearly in that price range either. Last 525 atacr I purchased was 2550$ mk5hd was 1800$ these optics are twice the price of these. There's top shelf that's practical to most shooters, then there is top shelf for the VERY serious shooters that compete.......or are sponsored.

Not nearly in that price range either. Last 525 atacr I purchased was 2550$ mk5hd was 1800$ these optics are twice the price of these. There's top shelf that's practical to most shooters, then there is top shelf for the VERY serious shooters that compete.......or are sponsored.
I do not compete, nor am I sponsored. Most customers that own TT's are not competitors nor are they sponsored.

However, I do agree on one point. They are often very serious shooters. If not very serious, then simply not limited by financial considerations in the way many others are. In the grand scheme of things, when you consider the cost associated with the volume of shooting many of us do... a $4700 scope is pretty cheap when weighed against barrels and components during a year of testing, competing, or colony varmint shooting.

Instead of talking about optics... lets talk about boats. I know very little about boats... but I'd be willing to bet there are more than sponsored competitive fishermen buying $100,000 bass boats. ;) The lakes sure are littered with them... they can't all be competing. lol

I always felt it hard to justify the time behind scope hunting is limited.As say compared to glassing and spotting.So much more time spent there,as a hunter. Target or other I could see...

If you've never used one for a season, you'll never know...

C321C157-457E-4200-AA36-F8E7AD070895.jpeg

I do not compete, nor am I sponsored. Most customers that own TT's are not competitors nor are they sponsored.

However, I do agree on one point. They are often very serious shooters. If not very serious, then simply not limited by financial considerations in the way many others are. In the grand scheme of things, when you consider the cost associated with the volume of shooting many of us do... a $4700 scope is pretty cheap when weighed against barrels and components during a year of testing, competing, or colony varmint shooting.

Instead of talking about optics... lets talk about boats. I know very little about boats... but I'd be willing to bet there are more than sponsored competitive fishermen buying $100,000 bass boats. ;) The lakes sure are littered with them... they can't all be competing. lol
I like talking about scopes but I really like talking about boats. I built the one in my avatar and currently work on an 84' sport fisher.

I would like to try a TT Hunter and I'm none of the things you've listed.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.