New TAC 15 Scope Rail Off - Suggestions?

gspv

Guys,

Long story short, I just got a brand new Tac 15 straight from PSE. Slapped a scope on it and started to sight in.

Shoots so high and right that I run out of clicks in the scope. Ended up with a temporary fix of making a shim low left in the front scope ring.

Any ideas out there for a permanent fix?

Greg J

PS: Before anyone starts asking "are you sure", yes I am. Am a seasoned Benchrest competitor.

Same problem -- To rectify I bought a (FX -- NO limit Scope Mount) from Air Guns of Arizona -- I also had to buy an adapter to convert the weaver mount to dove tail. This adapter I bought on Ebay --- Solved my problem so I could set the scope back to the centre where it belongs . This only deals with elevation problems -- All in it cost about $80 dollars
Paul

Did you make sure your new TAC 15 is setup to Center Shot?

I am assuming it came with a Whisker Biscuit?

Link to getting a TAC 15 very close to Center Shot: http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f108/those-who-love-setting-center-shot-113876/

It does have the whisker biscuit. I haven't gone through a full center shot process.

What I have done is to carefully check that the bow mount, center rail and arrow are all pretty closely parallel.

The picatinney rail, however, is obviously, even to the naked eye, sloped down from rear to front. I have confirmed this with a spirit level.

I have the vertical mostly taken care of with a 20 MOA picatinney to picatinney rail mounted in reverse PLUS 20 MOA Burris Signature Zee ring inserts in the front and 10 MOA in the rear.

My first thoughts are to ask PSE for a replacement and/or get my gunsmith to true it up.

Any advice is always welcome.

Greg

picatinney rail, however, is obviously, even to the naked eye, sloped down from rear to front.

I don't have access to my TAC 15i at the moment to double check. But that does not sound right at all.

The picatinny rail should be parallel to top of body where arrow sits. Gap between bottom of picatinny rail and body where arrow sits should be same at front and back.

Wonder if pcatinny rail got whacked in shipment or was milled wrong at factory?

vertical mostly taken care of with a 20 MOA picatinney to picatinney rail mounted in reverse PLUS 20 MOA Burris Signature Zee ring inserts in the front and 10 MOA in the rear.
I was able to bolt my scope directly on picatinney rail with standard rings (no MOA compensation). I don't remember anybody else here mentioning the need for special MOA compensation rings or ring inserts --- Except when they were trying to use a plain scope for distances well beyond 100-yards.

Something sounds wrong with your TAC 15.

I have the same problem. Vortex XBR scope adjusted as low as possible and still 12" high at 15 yards.

Here is a link to what helped me. They are called Burris Posi Lign scope rings. It has been a while but I think I got the biggest number I could. I may have some left because at the time I was looking at them they were sold out everywhere so I had to get a whole package of them. I only have the inserts but you would have to get the rings.

Burris 1 Signature Ring ***-Align Offset Inserts Installation Kit .005

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.