New Swarovski Scope

Ya that be just fine on one of my 338NM,they give me one,i'll put it threw the ringer😁

If they say 1500 yards in the literature, probably more like 500 max in the real world. "Reflective surface" is probably somewhere in the manual right next to a list of reasons why the range is reduced from what they tell you on the box. Top-end handhelds can struggle over 1k, and the best Vectronix sell for $10K+ for a reason, all without being shoved in a tube with a couple grand of high end lenses.

PRB did a couple write-ups on binos and rangefinders, even using a reflective target there was a significant degradation in accuracy over 800 yards for all but the best. Doubting even Swarovski can push the tech that far forward in a meaningful way and still stuff it inside a scope.

Good concept, but still a few years/decade away from being practical, and will most likely still be constrained by power/wavelength limitations in consumer laser products. Maybe the cost will come down on the good high end stuff as we all start buying more of them.

I use an ATN digital scope and their "1500" (very heavy quotes) rangefinder combo on my 300 BLK to get out to 300 yards. Anything past that would be a pipe dream.

Last edited: