New Stock.....DBM or NOT?

Lrdchaos

After a ton of reading and researching I've narrowed down my stock to the McMillan A5. Next decision is do I do the DBM or just keep the BDL? Would like opinions for people who have one or the other and what you shoot and why you feel one is better. Or is it just personal preference?
Thanks

DBM.

You have more options with a DBM versus a BDL.

Your weapon is easier to clear and you have a more definitive indication with the bolt and magazine removed of a clear weapon.

It's easier change ammo also by shifting mags too.

The only draw back is good magazines are expensive.

DocB

Any recommendation on an easy to install DBM. I have a short action rem 700 I'm having barreled up in 6.5 Creedmoor and I want to convert it. I haven't bought a stock yet either, the old one broke and it's a BDL and the BDL looks a bit old and rusted, do I think I'll go DBM. I would like a mag system that gets close to being flush to the bottom of the stock. My savage has such a system, but how about Remington? Any recommendations welcomed. I'm just getting into doing a little of my own gunsmithing I uess.

DBM.

You have more options with a DBM versus a BDL.

Your weapon is easier to clear and you have a more definitive indication with the bolt and magazine removed of a clear weapon.

It's easier change ammo also by shifting mags too.

The only draw back is good magazines are expensive.

DocB

+1 on what DocB says. Especially if you have the rifle in and out of a vehicle 2 or 3 times a day. I never carry a loaded rifle in a vehicle, with one in the chamber or not.

My hunting carry rifle is bdl. Fits in a scabbard for horse back. My hand cradles rifle right at that balance point for when I am at the ready. I have carried different loads and just drop one on top if needed for quick change. I dont mind a clip type in a system like browning abolt, that is flush,kinda best of both worlds. In my rig or range type I like DBM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts