New sightron LRMOA?

What power do you need to be on for the reticle marks to be true 2 moa?

24X is what it's supposed to be used on for the spacing between hashes to be 2 moa. The beginning of the vertical line below the center dot is 1 moa on 24X.

So, there's a "floating" center dot, then a 1moa post (both above and below and both sides of the dot) and the next hash mark is 2moa below center, next hash mark is 4 moa below the center ect. This also goes for the hashes above and to the sides of the center. Sightron manual states the center dot is .3 moa on 24X, or a little under 2" at 600 yds.

I didn't post it earlier, but I really do like the reticle. I was able to hit 2 out of 2 standard spray paint cans with 1 shot each at 400 yds using only the reticle (one can was vertical one was horizontal) And the reticle is not so fine that we need an illumination feature, but it's also precise enough to shoot 1/4 minute groups if the gun is capable. No complaints whatsoever about the reticle design.

I have 3 Sightron SIII 6-24x50 LRMD scopes,and recently bought one of the MOA-2 reticle scopes.
I really like the new reticle,but would prefer the hashmarks to be just a little thicker.They are very hard for me to see while looking at a wooded background,unlike the Mil-dot which is very easy to see all the time.

It would be nice if the floating dot was illuminated,then atleast I could use it for hunting where I hunt,but I'll just use this scope for mainly target purposes now,and take one of my guns with the Mil-dot reticles hunting.

The parallax adjustment is a little hard to turn quickly. Is there any way to adjust this so it is easier to turn?

Just to clarify the MOA2 reticles are calibrated to the max power for each given scope.
6x24 is 24
8x32 is 32
& 10x50 is 50

James

The parallax adjustment is a little hard to turn quickly. Is there any way to adjust this so it is easier to turn?

I got on here to ask the same question.

Mine came in the mail today and I mounted it on my rifle. I got to look through it in my backyard(I live in the city) right at nightfall. It was hard to find the reticle at first but once I adusted the fast focus eyebell it came in perfectly. Lens seemed clear up to 20x but could not get a good focus after that. Again this was right at dark. I am hoping to be able to shoot it sometime this week. I am just learning how to dial for yardage so I want to see how this does. My biggest complaint is the scope caps. The front cap is a joke. Everytime I went to flip it open the entire thing came off.

I hear you Walker1. My caps are as reliable as a second hand lawn mower. The front one is split and falls off, the eyepiece one fell off the other day whilst hunting and I stumbled across it on my way back to the vehicle.

I am looking out for after market ones but I'd like ones which fold right around onto the scope. Know of any?

Ok I got to shoot mine today. This replaced my Zeiss that was originally on it. I would have to say the Zeiss has better glass. I also had an issue with the blacked out lense when I looked through it. Could this be because I am using low rings and maybe I should go to the mediums? I also have 20MOA bases. Originally I had the rings spaced out as far as possible and it took quite a bit of adjustment to get a 100yrd zero. I moved the rings closer together and was able to back it down about 16 clicks. What could I do to use less clicks to get a 100yrd zero? I must say that it tracks really well.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.