New shooter from WA

billzrifle

Hey guys,

The name is Bill, I'm 28 and new to the shooting world. Just went shooting in the mountains with friends and now I'm hooked. Thinking about getting my first firearm...a bolt action .308. I want to learn as much as possible and won't be in the market till September (wedding fund) :/

Welcome Bill! Wedding funds over guns? Come on now. Just kidding. Im getting married early Sept as well. I get where you are at. You've come to the right place for questions, there are a lot of knowledgeable guys on here (Im not claiming to be one). A lot of people will have strong opinions about which rifle to get, but I think you are making an awesome choice with the .308, especially if you are new to shooting. One gun I bought a few years back was a Remington SPS Tactical. Super accurate, and really reasonably priced. I have really enjoyed shooting that gun. One thing you will pick up on quickly with brands like Remington and Savage, is that there are a ton of really great aftermarket products you can find. One thing I did with that rifle was upgrade the stock on it. Something to think about as you get more into shooting.

Whatever gun you decided to go with, and whatever optics you decide to put on it, just get out to the range and work on good solid fundamentals. The more you shoot the more you will get into rifle and optic options and wanting to extend your range. Good luck!

I cascade, I live close to Renton, WA. I don't have a place to shoot because I don't have a firearm yet lol. Just shooting with friends.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts