New Savage FCP K

spencer1

I just recently began my interest in long range shooting. Here our some pics of my setup, Savage FCP-K 308 win with a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• IMAG0118.jpg
    IMAG0118.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG0119.jpg
    IMAG0119.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 43
Its such a great gun, i did all the brake in and it shoots amazing. l haven't really put my hand loads through it yet. very impressed with the stock riffle.

So I have been able to do allot of shooting with my savage. The gun shoots amazing groups I will post pics of the groups I have shot with it. So far I have been able to reach it out to 650 yrds to hit steel plates(I haven't tried anything farther). Again I'm so happy with this riffle and how well it shoots the and its consistency( so much better then my Remington 700 308 TACTICAL VTR with muzzle break):D

46gr Varget
175gr Sierra MK BTHP
Fed 210
Lapua Brass
2.80 OAL

Nothing exoctic but this has been a great load in my FCPK. I used 45 gr with the 168 Hdy. BTHP. Groups are one nice ragged hole!:) Good luck, great setup you have!

I'm looking for a new stock for my savage FCP-K, is they any suggestion for a new stock from personal experience. thanks in advanced

Stockade is a good stock, but if aren't a patient fellow, then you may want to try H-S stocks, or Bell & Carlson. If you want to spend a little more money, then there are options from Manners, and McMillian. If you like the aluminum chassis, then look into McCree or XLR Industries.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.