New rifle build help needed

I guess I get to play devil's advocate :cool: After owning both NF & USO, I have to vote USO (the MDMOA is a great reticle). The only thing I would change about the USO you're looking at is the elevation knob. USO's EREK knob is bad to the bone, while it wouldn't be my first choice for a saddle scabbard it is my favorite overall.

t

I'm just a tight German so I'll take the NXS, Danke :D

Neither is a wrong choice for sure. I would really like to add a 25x USO to my stable.

t

I have never looked through a USO but have heard a lot of great things about them and no doubt they are a great product. I have been through their website and I like the NF options a little better. USO does offer customized options but that comes with a price and I like NXS options just fine.

Broz let me shoot his LRKM last weekend and I got to check out his ACTAR. It is very nice! He and I are both SFP kinda guys so that scopes does the job for us. I also like the MOAR reticle.

Why don't you just drive over to Surgeon Rifles there in Oklahoma and pick one out? Well, it's probably not that easy but I'm sure they could build whatever you want. Support your local gunsmiths. You are really getting quite the hall pass from your wife. You better keep her. Good luck with your build.

Why don't you just drive over to Surgeon Rifles there in Oklahoma and pick one out? Well, it's probably not that easy but I'm sure they could build whatever you want. Support your local gunsmiths. You are really getting quite the hall pass from your wife. You better keep her. Good luck with your build.

Good advice... on all counts

Surgeon doesn't do the 6.5x284 and they are priced really high for me ($4300-$7500). Beanland custom rifles is also in Oklahoma and I will most likely end up using them If I dont get the cooper. Beanland replied back to my inquiry same day so we will see what they are gonna charge.

I didn't know Beanland was there too. Added bonus geographically speaking. On another note, good choice on caliber. I've wondered about that one myself. Just bought two scopes so I guess the piggy bank will need refilled before I go building a rifle. Have a good one.

Looks like Beanland is within my budget and they are willing to work with me on the price. After I get further along and know what parts are going on it I will post that list back on here and hopefully some custom guys can tell me if it looks like a good build? Will be in a month or so before that happens so I will see you all then.

Again, thanks for all the replies and advice :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.