New rifle, 300 Warlock 2.0

mountainman56

Spending so much time at home these days projects are getting caught up. I'll soon run out of parts if I'm not careful. The first 300 Warlock is working out very well and will be used more as a hunting rifle. Have been waiting to build this one for playing.

The rifle I've been planning for a long time. Kelbley action, Bartlein 1:9 Sendero contour 28" barrel with fluting and Piercision brake, XLR Evolution chassis, AICS 5 round magazine, Zeiss rings with integrated level and Triggertech diamond trigger. Never had a FFP scope in my life and didn't really see the need, however I did want to try one. Rather than spend a couple grand on a scope I may not like I bought a Bushnell Forge 3-18 on sale for $499. I'm kinda liking the FFP thing and I'm very impressed with the scope for the money. I REALLY like the trigger. At 14.5 lbs with a brake the rifle is like shooting a 223. Lots of room for improvement on the paint job but I wanted to test drive it. :)

300 Warlock chassis2.jpg

First three shots were Hammer 196 grain (got lucky bore sighting). 2nd three were Hornady 225 ELDM's. Shot a third group with Hammer 199's that strung diagonally but all toughing. Very pleased so far.

Warlock2-1.jpgWarlock2-2.jpg

Cartridge info por favor

JJMoody, here is a link to the first post here describing cartridge.
Regards

@mountainman56 I was very impressed by performance of your .300 Warlock on youtube and really liked the look. I would be interested in a warlock build, are you still building custom rifles?

Thanks!

Gday mountainman
Love the warlock but
as long as "my rifle" is not gathering dust & smacking a few aoudad all is good😎
Cheers

Gday mountainman
Hmmm is that a ploy to get me overthere or are you going to build me another 😜🤣
Cheers