New 300 Win Mag Rifle

That's debatable ....a custom 300 Weatherby is definitely better! 😄
I ain't so sure about that anymore. I kinda lean toward the 340 Weatherby. If I was rich like all you folks, I would have me a custom 338-378 Weatherby put together. It is all Y'alls fault. Y'all made me a believer in the 338s. If I was right-handed (and right-headed) I would buy myself a 338-378 even though I have the 340 Weatherby. But like Butter Bean, I am a speed freak!

I ain't so sure about that anymore. I kinda lean toward the 340 Weatherby. If I was rich like all you folks, I would have me a custom 338-378 Weatherby put together. It is all Y'alls fault. Y'all made me a believer in the 338s. If I was right-handed (and right-headed) I would buy myself a 338-378 even though I have the 340 Weatherby. But like Butter Bean, I am a speed freak!
If I wanted to use a Wea. case the 340 has a lot going for it.

Oh yes Treeslug....340 Weatherbys .....are absolutely known for THEIR SPEED! Bean....if you are out there Brother....take this man to school would YA PLEASE!

Oh yes Treeslug....340 Weatherbys .....are absolutely known for THEIR SPEED! Bean....if you are out there Brother....take this man to school would YA PLEASE!
E...v...e...r...y s...i...n...g...l...e t...i...m...e I get the fastest rifle sold--someone always builds a faster one. I'm thinking my next rifle is gonna have to be a 338-50BMG, or why not a 338 -20mm cannon shell. That'll get Butter Bean's attention.

E...v...e...r...y s...i...n...g...l...e t...i...m...e I get the fastest rifle sold--someone always builds a faster one. I'm thinking my next rifle is gonna have to be a 338-50BMG, or why not a 338 -20mm cannon shell. That'll get Butter Bean's attention.
338-20 mm.....you do know that there is a fine line...between imagination and hallucinations right?

338-20 mm.....you do know that there is a fine line...between imagination and hallucinations right?
I know you don't think much of that idea, but the way things are headed, that just might replace the 6.5 Needmore. I know you could never get that much explosive gasses from the 20mm out of that small .338 caliber hole, so we might have to make it a .458-20mm, you know, just for safety's sake.