New R Bros 7RM

Nice stick! Could as for a better smith to work with either!

Currently, Travis is building me almost an identical rig in 338L with a EH-1 standard fill. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

What is the diameter of that 27" tube right behind the brake? I want to see If I can squeeze the LWLR contour into a Manners EH-2?

It's just under 10 1/2 pounds with scope.

Have you actually weighed it or is that an estimate. Looking at your list of components, it looks like 12 pounds. I was guessing 7 pounds + the barrel and was guessing the barrel at 5 pounds.

He is pretty **** close on the weight. These builds come in at 10-10.5lbs. Keep in the mind the stocks only weigh 1.6lbs. The barrel is not 5lbs FYI.

The barrel is not 5lbs FYI.

It was a guess. That barrel looks like a fluted standard Palma contour. A standard Palma cut down to 27 inches will weigh about 5 pounds. Flutes will remove about 6 ounces. Hanging a muzzle brake on it will add most of that back.

Shawn,

We run the 180's just touching the lands. The throat design is a little different and would be way hot for a SAAMI chamber.

He might want to check his Chono, my 7 SAUM w/ 25" barrel gets 2750 with 58 gr H4831 w/ 180's and is on par with Bergers numbers in their loading manual.

This is the 4831 SC or (Shortcut) they are supposed to have different burn rates, but I don't know exactly how much of a difference it will make.

Yes i was wrong, I recently retested mine again with a Magneto Speed chrony and mine is getting 2920fps with 25" barrel. The first time I shot over a Pact chrony I saw 2758 fps and it was close to Bergers load manual I never questioned it. I kind of thought something wasn't right when my drops didn't match actual shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.