New pack

Rum and not the liquid

Want to get a new pack for a spring hunt im going to do, what I would like is a 80ish litre pack I can put a sleeping bag in and the rest of my gear and a place I can put my rifle (a rem vtr and a sendero in a b/c adjustalbe a5, not at the same time obviously) I've seen what I want a while back but can't remember what the site it was can someone suggest a pack that would do the job

Thanks
Lucas

There can be benifits . With a normal pack to have it stay tight and not slop around you have to either fill it or tighten up crush straps . With a frame pack they tend to carry light loads without slopping around . Also some can have the sack part come off and just use the frame for carrying firewood , trophies etc. Also you can strap stuff onto the frame easy even if no straps are sewed in place . A frame pack tends to allow more air ventilation around your back .
Some use the hollow frame to hold stove fuel . Some frames can be used as a seat without crushing the contents .
However it does not fold up and store as well as an internal frame and may not have as much lumber adjustment as an adjustable internal frame has.
To get some of the weight off your shoulders and down to the tops of your hips the pack has to fit right or have lumber adjustments and have a good wide padded waist belt , wide padded shoulder straps and a chest strap . Macpack in NZ make a good pack also.

The Eberlestock Just One series are great and sound perfect for what you need. Len has them for sale in the online store and is running a deal that includes a free accessory. Check them out!

Ive owned and hunted with eberlestock and badlands just to name a couple of the better ones. all i can say is i have never had a pack as comfortable and more well built and solid as the mystery ranch crew cab, this pack is bad *** thats all i can say. Simply the best pack i have ever had the pleasure of using.... Period!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.