New Mexico Mule Deer Youth Hunt unit 17 and 6a/c

ThorThor

Last year I got some great advice from a forum member and my daughter was able to get a nice 5x5 bull elk on a self guided youth elk hunt so I am giving it another shot. She drew the unit 17 youth deer rifle tag Nov 28-Dec 1. Not looking for monster but a first mule deer. I drew a tag in Unit 6a/c but will probably skip it and just do the youth hunt for my daughter. Any advice on either of these units would be appreciated, I can help in 2B for deer and 34 for elk also if needed, Thanks in advance

Hello, My son just drew this unit 17 youth tag and it will be his first mule deer hunt. I will be doing lots of research over the summer but if anyone has any advice to get me started it would be greatly appreciated!

The dates for the season this year is Nov 22 - Dec 10. Should be a fun hunt for him.

Thanks,
Travis

Thanks! We are from CA, this is our first year applying in NM. He was pretty excited finding out he drew his 3rd choice youth mule deer hunt!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.